OC Metro Uses Information from RESCUECOM in Report
Date published September 14, 2006:
It may not be your lightning productivity that's heating up your iBook. It just might be a defective battery. If you?re one of the more than 5 million Apple and Dell laptop owners who are affected by the recall of Sony battery packs,
- Immediately go to the Apple or Dell websites to find out about the recall procedure.
- Remove your battery at once. You will be safe using your power cord for as long as you need to.
- Do NOT buy a third-party battery.
- Back up your data! These battery problems are a good reminder that no data is safe unless it is backed up to an external source.
- Don't fret if your battery seems warm. Beware of any burning smells or strange noises, such as a hum or high-pitched sound. That might signal a problem.
- Despite some recent problems with these batteries, the chances of any incident is still extremely low and by using a third-party item you are dramatically increasing your chances of a problem.
Source: David A. Milman, founder and CEO of RESCUECOM(rescuecom.com )
a week ago
2 weeks ago
a month ago
2 months ago