Keep Tech Safe and Usable in the Worst Conditions
RESCUECOM'S Hurricane Technology TipsSYRACUSE, NY
September 9, 2017
While a hurricane can have a devastating effect, there are ways we can use technology to minimize the devastation. It is important to know what you can do to keep yourself online as well as protect and maintain the use of your tech devices in even the worst conditions. Here are some important technology tips to utilize when a hurricane is coming.
• Buy a large UPS 1500 Watt that is used for your computer, unplug all of the computers and screen, and only use it to charge your cell phones. This will get you through days of cell phone charging. You can buy one on Amazon for $165.00.
• Install skype on your phone and buy a small amount of skype credits. A good amount would be $10.00, which will go a long way and allow you to call both local and long distance numbers when all you have is WiFi.
• Install the weather.com app. It has real time updates and a map to track the storm.
• Have a large waterproof plastic bin and fill it with uncooked rice, which is handy in the event your technology gets wet. Put any phones, computers, or tablets in the bin filled with the dry rice immediately after they get wet.
• Raise all of your technology 6 feet off the ground so that in the event your house gets flooded, it will not cover your computers and other tech devices.
RESCUECOM provides the best computer repair and tech support, 24/7. Meeting every computer repair need including virus removal, data recovery, networking, wireless services, and tech support for PC’s, MAC’s, Tablets, Phones, hardware and software with excellence. For the best tech support or information on products, services, or computer repair, visit http://www.rescuecom.com or call (1-800-737-28370).
a week ago
a month ago
2 months ago
4 months ago